Any Phi Beta Kappa member is welcome to get involved in the chapter. As long as you have been inducted into Phi Beta Kappa at any institution (CU-Boulder or otherwise), then you can get involved in a number of different ways!
– Attend chapter meetings each semester to select new members, review chapter finances, vote on changes to chapter policies, vote on new officers, plan the upcoming initiation ceremony, establish scholarship review committees, and more.
– Attend the initiation ceremony each semester (usually on Sundays in early December and late April) to congratulate students and visit with proud family members. It is a wonderful occasion with appetizers and dessert served as well.
– Assist with events for visiting Phi Beta Kappa scholars.
– Help promote Phi Beta Kappa on campus by contacting departments each semester with their lists of invitees.
– Currently CU-Boulder faculty, staff or graduate students may consider running for an officer position. Chapter officers include President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer, each serving a term of three years. The Secretary/Treasurer position is currently seeking nominations to begin spring 2013, and includes a stipend of $750 per semester. Inquire now!